Monday, February 27, 2012

French Helmet

I know I promised the german helmet second, but I couldn't stop thinking of writing one for my french helmet. I like this helmet because it was used in both World War I and World War II (and the crest on the top). Even though the french got a bad rep during World War 2 for "quitting" early. Enough talk here is the helmet :
Front shot

Inside of helmet

Top view of the helmet

I got this helmet for cheap since it is missing the liner, chin strap, and the pin that goes on the front. Other than those parts the helmet is in great condition with minor rust on the inside and many places with paint chipped off. I will start a series of post about the restoration of this helmet (as soon as I can find somewhere to buy a french liner) so if you want to keep up with this come back and check my blog.
 

1 comment: